Inventory Management software is at the forefront of inventory automation.
They’re helping companies automate recording inventories, forecast demand, calculate inventory at hand, and project storage spaces.
Inventory management software is also aiding companies with overstocking issues, avoiding scarcities, and seamlessly handling orders, sales, and deliveries.
However, finding the right inventory management can be a task. You need to choose the right system for inventory management that suits your goals, fits your budget, and is easy to adapt.
Listed below are some of the top inventory management software in Australia that you can check out and adopt for your firm.
Top Inventory Management Software in Australia
1. DEAR systems
DEAR systems is an Australia-based inventory management software that allows businesses to get insight into their stock levels and order statuses.
You can leverage its automation to consolidate all your inventory data under a single location. It can be used by retail wholesale and manufacturing units for the purpose of reaching more customers and streamlining inventory management.
- 3PL Management
- Returns Management
- Financial Management
- Supply Chain Management
- It offers financial analysis and supplier analysis which makes it easy to supply daily data relating to purchase orders, barcode scanning, batch recalls, etc.
- The software is relatively easy to pick up since it comprises simple features with a clear purpose. It also has a sound tutorial library that users can check out before using the software.
- It offers an easy and quick set-up with a small infrastructure investment.
- Integration options are limited
- B2B application still needs a considerable upgrade
USD $325 per month
2. Xero Cost
Xero is a well-known name in inventory management. It is known to automate manual processes like product traceability and managing inventory across multiple locations. Under a single platform, it offers a comprehensive view of inventories, historical sales, and seasonality to notify when to reorder.
- Invoice Management
- Inventory Tracking
- Inventory Reporting and Data
- You can monitor stock-keeping units in real-time
- You can track up to 4000 finished items through the inventory management system
- You can easily check the best-selling and worst-selling items
- Lack of integration with Shopify for invoice/inventory management
- Features for inventory management are still limited comparatively
USD $12 per month
3. Datapel WMS
Datapel is a warehouse management software that allows you to manage inventory at lower costs, forecast inventory requirements, and significantly improve your inventory control.
The software provides you with real-time insights into inventory movements and helps you with quick order fulfilment and backorder management. It helps you manage inventory and orders from one application and is specifically built for warehouse operations.
- 3PL Management
- Inventory Management
- Inventory Control
- Barcode and Ticket Scanning
- Cost and Inventory Tracking
- Reorder Management
- Datapel can be customised according to your business requirements at affordable pricing
- It is easy to learn and get started
- It can integrate into your current financial systems
- It doesn’t offer multiple-screen options which makes it inconvenient for users
- Integration with eCommerce platforms is available but you’d have to request customised integration
USD 300 per month
Katana is an all-inclusive manufacturing ERP that helps you run your business smoothly. It provides numerous features that are allied with inventory management and production processes.
It consolidates all your manufacturing activities under a single platform and provides necessary integrations for sales, accounting, and shipping. This way, you have end-to-end visibility, allowing you to make accurate business decisions.
- Order Management and Returns Management
- Supplier Management
- Inventory Management
- Production Scheduling
- Order Tracking & Barcode and ticket scanning
- You get a simplified overview of your operations along with easy management of resources and tasks for team members
- You can automatically track inventory movements across the supply chain and multiple warehouses. The ability to assess orders and prioritise them is very helpful for assigning inventory
- It also offers a great way to measure employee performance by adding deadlines to production tasks
- You can track available materials and allocate them and finished products to fulfil orders
- There are multiple eCommerce and accounting integrations that bring all the data under one platform
- The traditional software is too complicated and expensive
- The software can be a little slow at times
USD $99.00 per month
5. Fishbowl Inventory
Fishbowl is a global player in manufacturing ERP solutions. The best part about Fishbowls is that it seamlessly integrates with hundreds of other accounting and eCommerce solutions you can have all your data for inventory analysis and tracking.
Fishbowl helps you update statuses, reflect production moves, and change orders. It is an entirely cloud-based platform that is designed for efficient scanning and barcoding, inventory control, design workflows, and managing inventory reporting.
- Inventory & Order Management
- Supply Chain Management
- Order Management
- Document Management
- Quality Management
- It offers easy integration with your manufacturing process that can streamline the Bill of materials, purchases, receiving, and work orders
- The interface and ease of use of the platform are unparalleled. Employees can easily get the required training to use Fishbowl
- It is especially effective for tracking inventory and production planning. You can easily get real-time inventory visibility and control across all locations
- Lack of self-help options. You’d normally have to contact customer service in case of any issues
- Customer service needs improvement since it takes a while to get in touch with a representative if you want to solve an issue
- The reports provided are too basic. You’d have to purchase separately if you want a custom inventory report
Having an Inventory management system is no longer a choice. You’d have to adopt an automated platform that makes inventory and warehouse management easy for you. However, different tools come with their sets of strengths and weaknesses. It is your responsibility to assess these before you choose a platform in order to avoid any unnecessary costs and software revisions.
You can contact us at PACK & SEND to learn more about optimising inventory management and how 3PL logistics can outsource this job for you.
Image Sources: DEAR systems, Xero, Datapel, Katana, Fishbowl Inventory