Cyber Protection Centre
PACK & SEND is an international company with a trusted brand, servicing customers for 30 years. Unfortunately, scammers and fraudsters often attempt to take advantage of trusted brands such as PACK & SEND, by using our name or services to mislead consumers and/or businesses.
Latest Alert (Updated October 2023)
Please be aware of a scam presently known to PACK & SEND whereby scammers pose as “buyers” of items listed for sale online. This scam appears to be popular on Gumtree, Facebook Marketplace and other similar buy/sell platforms. At some point, the scammer will fraudulently claim that PACK & SEND will assist with payment and delivery of items. The buyer/scammer follows a process similar to the following:
- Buyer/scammer shows an interest in the items for sale, but claims to be unable to make a local pickup or in-person payment.
- Buyer/scammer may claim not to have access to secure payment platforms like PayPal.
- Buyer/scammer suggests that they will pay electronically using a so-called PACK & SEND service, whereby they pay PACK & SEND the agreed price of the item, plus the shipping cost. The seller is lead to believe they will receive payment from PACK & SEND, and PACK & SEND will contact them to arrange for the collection and delivery of the item.
- Buyer/scammer directs Seller to navigate to a fraudulent web page, branded heavily with PACK & SEND logos, imagery and content, promoting the service.
- Seller is encouraged by the website/process, or directly via SMS (or social media messaging services such as WhatsApp) to submit their bank card details, supposedly to enable them to receive payment from the buyer, via PACK & SEND.
This is the crux if the scam. If the seller enters their bank card details here, the Buyer/scammer has all they need to charge sellers credit/debit card, or possibly to extract money from the seller’s account.
- In some instances, the scammer may also try to extract other personal identity information such as date of birth which may be used for identity theft.
- After this, all communication is blocked by the Buyer/scammer and the Seller has no recourse.
PACK & SEND does not offer a service to facilitate the transfer of funds between a buyer and seller. We will never require you to enter your bank card details in order to receive funds from a 3rd party. PACK & SEND does not request any payment or personal information in return for goods in transit or in PACK & SEND's custody.
While PACK & SEND is not liable for the fraudulent actions of third parties, we are working to prevent and detect fraud where possible. Our customer service and legal departments work closely together to inform our customers of these scams and take them down. We also co-operate with international organisations to help prevent these scams.
Here are some example screenshots of images and or fake websites sent by the scammers to victims:
Learn to Recognise Fraud
Fraudulent websites, (referred as "Spoofed Websites") pretend to represent a reputable source, such as PACK & SEND, when in reality they are operated by criminals attempting to commit theft. Some fraudulent websites may have a look and feel of a legitimate PACK & SEND website.
The only legitimate websites of PACK & SEND are as follows:
Emails/Messages Fraudulently Using the PACK & SEND Name or Brand
Fraudulent messages (referred to as "phishing" or "spoofing") are becoming more common and may appear legitimate by incorporating company brands, colours, or other legal disclaimers. It is easy for criminals to impersonate email addresses which may appear as having been sent from a legitimate PACK & SEND account. This does not mean that our corporate systems have been hacked or compromised.
What to do if you think you have been a victim
If you have shared your bank card or credit card details as a result of a scam, it is recommended that you contact your bank to report and cancel the card immediately.
In order to help close down the fraudulent website(s) or email address as soon as possible, and hence preventing any further scams, we ask you to forward the fraudulent email message to email@example.com.
Further, we advise you to report the case with the local police. There have been instances that information provided has resulted in arrests.
Please note that in these instances PACK & SEND's name and identity is being used fraudulently. Whilst we sympathise with anyone who may have lost money in this way, PACK & SEND cannot accept any responsibility for any costs or charges incurred as a result of fraudulent activity.
Additional information on online scams can be found at:
Report Fraudulent Messages & Websites
If you have found a website that fraudulently claims to be part of PACK & SEND or have received a fraudulent message or email, we want to hear about it. Forward an example of the site or email to: firstname.lastname@example.org. All new information may assist in tracking down the perpetrators.